The first time the Internet is used, the individual must sign an Internet Access form agreeing that they will abide by the rules of use each time they use the Internet. The individual must show a valid form of identification. If the individual is a registered library patron, they must be in good standing throughout the CMC Consortium. The patron will need to sign in on the login sheet that is available at the front desk each time they use the computer.
Users under the age of 16 will need a parent/guardian's signed permission agreement to use the Internet. Those under age 11 will need adult supervision while using the Internet.
There will be a 30-minute limit on the Internet if there are others waiting.
There will be a one-hour limit on the Internet if there is no one waiting.
Printed pages will be $.20 each.
There is no charge for scanning.
The library cannot guarantee that information found through the Internet is accurate, authoritative, or factual. The library cannot control access points that often change rapidly and unpredictably. The library can in no way be held responsible for information found on the Internet.
Use of these resources is made possible by equipment and technology purchased with public funds. The network should be used in a responsible manner.
INTERNET USERS MUST REFRAIN FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Sending, receiving, or displaying text files, or images of any type that are obscene, offensive, or disruptive
- Soliciting, advertising, and profiting from activities
- Writing chain letters
- Using Internet Relay Chats or any chat rooms
- Propagating computer viruses
- Using the library's connection for purposes of libel, slander, harassment, or any other illegal activity
- Downloading files of any kind to the hard drive
- Internet games
- Personal ads
VIOLATIONS OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING PENALTIES:
- After the first violation, the user will be denied Internet access for one week
- A second violation will result in the loss of Internet access for 3 months
- A third violation will result in an indefinite loss of Internet access
These violations will apply to each library in the county. If a rule is violated at one library in the county, the user will be restricted at all other libraries in the county as well.